Beacon Dodsworth provide information on the latest and historical postcode changes.
Major postcode changes are periodically released by the Royal Mail.
(If you are looking to change your own postcode you will need to contact the Royal Mail directly)
These postcode updates are required to cover new housing developments or bulk mail delivery addresses, for example.
Click on the links below for postcode changes within each postcode update to see if they affect your areas.
- Update 29 (Yr 1999, Qtr 2)
- Update 30 (Yr 1999, Qtr 4)
- Update 31 (Yr 2000, Qtr 2)
- Update 32 (Yr 2001, Qtr 2)
- Update 33 (Yr 2001, Qtr 3)
- Update 34 (Yr 2002, Qtr 1)
- Update 35 (Yr 2002, Qtr 4)
- Update 36 (Yr 2003, Qtr 2)
- Update 39 (Yr 2004, Qtr 4)
- Update 43 (Yr 2006, Qtr 4)
- Update 44 (Yr 2007, Qtr 1)
- Update 46 (Yr 2007, Qtr 3)
- Update 48 (Yr 2009, Qtr 1)
- Update 50 (Yr 2010, Qtr 2)
- Update 52 (Yr 2011, Qtr 2)
- Update 54 (Yr 2012, Qtr 1)
No major postcode changes were carried out for Postcode Updates 37, 38, 40, 41, 42, 45, 47, 49, 51, 53 and 55.
Buy the Postcode Updates file
Clean your customer database or mailing lists using the Postcode Updates file. It includes all recorded postcode changes since 1990.
Search for Postcode Updates
To give you a taste of what you can expect from our postcode update data we've put together a sample data set showcasing the changes in Cambridgeshire and the Scottish Highlands.
Searching for postcode changes couldn't be simpler, enter any part of a postcode, for Cambridge try CB1 or for the Scottish Highlands try PA34.
The database is an aggregation of Royal Mail postcode updates issued up to 2012. Any errors or omissions in the source Royal Mail data will be reflected in the database.